History

From a mechanical laboratory to a machine manufacturer and a world-class textile engineering company.

1851

Cristoforo Marzoli opens in Mura di Palazzolo s/O a small mechanical workshop for the production of weapons, taps and fittings and pump. He specializes in the production of spare parts for spinning machines for silk, cotton and linen.

1870

With the help of his sons Francesco, Gaetano and Vittorio, and following the suggestion of the marquis Ponti, an industrial cotton spinner, Cristoforo Marzoli begins manufacturing components for spinning machines.

1890

Marzoli moves in an old silk spinning mill in which it creates a foundry and it starts the production of spinning mill machines.

1900

The first son Francesco succeeds to his father in the management of the company.

1915 - 18

During the 1st World War, the company produces bullets, cannons and machines gun.

After Francesco Marzoli’s death, the management of the Company is transferred to his sons Luigi and Carlo who increase production achieving new European and international markets.

Twenties

In 1922 Marzoli succeeds in supplying to Crespi Mill the first installations completely produced solely with Italian materials. In 1927 Marzoli presents the first throwing-mill for rayon to Chatillon, the first card T12, the C6 combing and the S4 ring spinning frame.

Thirties

Luigi Marzoli became Work Knight and chairman of the Brescia Industrial Union. In these years the company produce the complete range of machines for cotton-spinning, silk and synthetic fibres.

When the home-product policy and the 2nd World War impose even more severe limitations to raw material imports, Marzoli starts the search for iron ores in Valtrompia and Valcamonica (reaching in 1942 a production over hundred tons per day).  At the same time the Company secures itself power supply carrying out hydroelectric installations in Urago and Palosco with a total power of 3000 Kw.

Fifties

Marzoli reinforces its production with successful machines such as T15/3 card, the S5 ring frame and the P3G roving frame. Luigi's son, Angelo with his cousins Francesco, Agostino, Giorgio and Giuseppe bring new developments to the company, that in 1955 become a joint-stock company, with a workforce of 1,000 workers.

Eighties

In 1983 Mr. Pietro Bianchi Marzoli became the Managing Director of the Company and Marzoli produces the first automated line: the C300 card, the BC16 roving frame, the NSF ring spinning frame and the PX2 comber. The turnover increases from 31 billion lira to 120 in 1987. The Marzoli family left the ownership of the company to other manufacturers of textile machines.

2000s

In 1999 Marzoli Spa is acquired by the Camozzi family. Under the guidance of Camozzi group Marzoli is thoroughly restructured in terms of organization and technology. The assembly lines are re-organized along the principles of Lean Manufacturing and the departments are managed according to Total Quality Management. A great amount of resources is invested to renovate all machines presented at ITMA 2011.

2011 - 2015

In 2011 Marzoli starts a new project for the predictive maintenance of the spinning plan. In 2015, at ITMA 2015 it presents the software YarNet and MRM.

2019

The new payoff “Textile Engineering” highlight our willingness to act as a main contractor for the implementation, the supplier management, the installation and start-up of smart spinning solutions.